Friday, April 8, 2011

ART FORWARD UPDATE

Hello everyone!


I am happy to announce that my first two Art Forward, ACEO- art card requests are done!


Jennifer and MarryAnne have both requested a horse.
Luckily, I am a horse lover myself. I  too have experienced the magic of seeing the world from the horseback while living in Europe.
Additionally, my winners have both requested an Art Exchange. How exciting!
Both will be name keepsakes.
I am working on it now and plan to mail them together with the art cards.
My third winner, Kathrine has yet to get back to me. Kaaatheriiine, where are you? :)


Fourth winner will be randomly chosen from the following posts.
There is still time to comment on Art Forward to win a custom art card!
I am extending my deadline, (well there never was one,but there is now), till the end of April!


So here they are:

Jennifer Noel Bower                                            

































and  MarryAnne   



All Images in this post and on this blog are:

Copyright © 2011 Malka Michaela Barshishat, All Rights Reserved.

No copies or reproductions of these images are allowed without written permission.


6 comments:

  1. *squeals* HE is beautiful. I am so excited. K - I guess I need to get some things to the printer...thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Goodness you like it!
    In reality the colors are more vivid and there are splatters behind him, which you pretty much can't see here at all. The scanner really absorbs it too much.
    I can see now how Rubin felt!
    - moments of truth.. nerve wrecking.. :)
    I saw stallions' pics on line. They are so stunning and shiny! I had to use color to get a lil' bit close to their satin sheen ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those are amazing! What beautiful artistry! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That drawing is perfect!!! Thank you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There is a lot of power conveyed in these horse drawings. Each of them caught in stride. The vantage point of being in front of a charging horse. . .

    Your use of stipple and cross-hatching to render gives the forms a good sense of depth and a good sense of musculature.

    My first year at comic con I attended a lecture about drawing animals by using shapes. I remember the horse was made of gravestones and barrels and squares. I wish I remembered the speaker, he had a book about the issue that looked promising. He displayed how a person could draw a horse from any angle if they could draw a few basic shapes.

    These are well drawn. Lucky winners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Rubin!
    It prompts me to look up more literature to perfect my style. I absolutely agree with the idea of drawing anything based on shapes. It's the ABC's of drawing. I tell that to my son who attempts to draw what he sees around him :
    "break it into shapes".
    A good art teacher can't make a student bring out his drawing potential by teaching him how to draw, rather by teaching him how to look.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...