Friday, August 5, 2011

Flying a Fish, in my "Perfect Town of Imperfections"

I am planning to post forever the results of my July Mural Marathon, of doing 3 murals in 3 weeks,( the "Jerusalem Wall" being one of them), but that will have to wait.

"Imperfection" is the theme of IF fo this week.
In my perfect art world, imperfection is the key to creativity.
The more it seems impossible or most likely to come out imperfect, the more I wanna do it!
In real life I am a perfectionist. I feel I can't create anything until the house is spot clean and my desk uncluttered, and all my children's needs are met, so I can have peace and quiet to do my work.. Yeah, well, keep on dreaming right..My desk looks uncluttered for less then 24 hrs and then back to style ala "Einstein".

Reminds me of the Wallgreens commercial of the town call "Perfect". Don't you love those? :)

In My "Perfect" town of imperfections, the happy little girls with checkered hats and ruby red Birthday Party dresses fly Gold Fish in afternoon golden starry skies..

What magical things are happening in your "Perfect Town of Imperfections" ?






This second image was enhanced by using GIMP program for the first time.
I have no idea how I did it........... Have to learn more about it..

All images are copyright © 2011 Malka Michaela Barshishat
and are not to be used in any way without permission.

Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. hahahahaha. Oh the irony of this post. Just the imperfect happenings of the GIMP program is divine. I love the look of the second piece. Makes the dress and fish just POP. Your art looks amazing on Zazzle. I hope it is selling well. There is nothing but crickets chirping in my store. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malka, I'm with Jenn! Divine! And I'll add perfectly adorable! I can't wait to see the mural work you've been doing. I can barely get an IF illo done in a week and you're doing a mural a week...impressive. Love this one. I'm gonna have to go research GIMP—very cool effect.
    Huge hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the unexpectedness of the floating fish - I wonder if it is a balloon, or a living creature? Fish have a way of creeping in to my work, so I am intrigued when I see them in the work of others. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the original and the GIMP version! Such a fun, whimsical idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey M! How's all your working going? No post in awhile—don't you hate when life gets in the way of entertaining your blog pals...tee hee. But we're out here cheering you on and can't wait to see what's next. Talk about "missing you" I miss you too! I just love your comments on my blog!! You can't know, or maybe you can, how much they mean to me... My mom asked me why I bother to blog if it doesn't create work, and I told her it kept me going and that I just love my blog pals. I explained that it's pals like you and Jenn and others who keep me inspired and make it all worthwhile. For that I am truly thankful! Thank you! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...