Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Happy Purim!




This past weekend we have celebrated the Jewish holiday of Purim.
While Dell reps were fixing my computer last week, I was Zentangling and came up with this Purim greeting card image.
Wicked Haman is walking Mordechai through the town  on the king's horse. King Achashverosh and Queen Esther are the other images.

Megillat Esther teaches us that life’s challenges are always for the best, because what appears as an obstacle is really an opportunity to develop ourselves for the better. And it all comes from God’s invisible hand that guides our fate, every step of the way.

Zentangle  is so much fun ! I got a whole portfolio in my head! :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderfully fun image. I wouldn't have known what the images "meant" (and I certainly like Esther's message), but they're fabulously great to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I needed to hear the teachings of Megillat Esther and be reminded that life's challenges shape and grow us. It's nice to see that regardless of the religion many of the lessons and beliefs are the same.

    Your Zentangling is incredible. Thanks for the introduction...I might have to try my hand at it over summer vacation. I could look upon it for hours and still find something different.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...